Let me tell you the story of my Mac n Cheese and why I decided to make it.
Twenty days ago, I received an email from Amwaj Rotana asking me if I wanted to join their competition.
As they will celebrate the 1st Anniversary of JB’s Gastropub, they have chosen 6 food bloggers and asked us to put a unique twist or our signature touch to their humble Mac n Cheese.
Ten days ago, all of us (6 bloggers) received at our home a bag that had the same ingredients.
I have decided to add Brie Cheese and Pastrami to their Mac n Cheese.
And here is the result
– 3 Tbsp of olive oil
– 2 Tbsp of rice flour
– 2 cups of milk
– 200 g of shredded Cheddar cheese
– 300 g of cooked macaroni
– 3 Tbsp of bread crumbs
– 20 g of butter
– Heat oven at 200 degrees C
– In a sauce pan with boiling water, cook the macaroni as per the package details
– Put 3 Tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan on low heat
– Stir in flour, cook and stir 2 min. or until bubbly
– Gradually stir in milk, bring to boil on medium heat, stirring constantly.
– Simmer on low heat 3 to 5 min. or until thickened, stirring constantly.
– Add the cheddar cheese and stir 2 to 3 min. or until melted
– Stir in macaroni
– Spoon into a small baking pan sprayed with cooking spray
– Top with the mixture of bread crumbs and pastrami
– Bake for 20 minutes
For the bread crumb pastrami mixture:
– Put some oil in a pan
– Add the thin slices of pastrami
– Cook until a bit crispy
– Then put aside
– When cold, put in a electric mixer and mix
– Take another pan
– Add the butter, then put the breadcrumbs and the pastrami
– Cook for 2 minutes, then top on the macaroni